Tuesday, July 9, 2013

super mom

Happy Hop a Park Day!

I am super lucky to have some super role models in my life.

Specifically, some super moms.



I have the privilege of growing up with these two FANTASTIC ladies: my mom, and my sister, Marissa.

My mom is basically perfect. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet - I can't imagine anyone having an issue with her. She makes great first impressions too; one of my friends could interact with her once, and they will praise her for being "so nice....", "fantastic...", or they will say "you have the best mom ever!" I'm serious. No editing required. She has this magical ability that allows her to produce the most delicious desserts. She doesn't even need to try hard, she could follow the exact same steps as someone next to her, and still her dish ends up 200% better. As if this isn't enough, she also has a gift for being a friend. People are drawn to her, and she is someone that you can trust easily. She will spend hours on the phone because someone needs some advice, or an ear to hear. 

And then there is my sister.

Marissa has been a huge hero to me ever since I can remember. She is a wee bit older than me, so for a large portion of my childhood she took on the role as caregiver, and so I was able to firsthand experience her motherly skills. She is incredibly patient, she can turn any bad situation into something positive, and she has a knack for children. As in, children can't help but love her. I always knew that she was the perfect babysitter, and that her love for kids is unmatched. 

Both of these ladies made motherhood look like a piece of cake. It came as a big shock to me that not all women are perfect at being a mom - I  figured that it was the norm. I've been spoiled rotten by these two, and forever and always they will be the best. Thank goodness I can look to them for when my children are yanking on my hair and clapping their grubby hands.

I can learn from the best.



xoxo,
McCall

2 comments:

  1. You are gonna be one stellar mom someday. Fact.

    Thanks for the sweet compliments, you made me all teary-eyed! I magma you sis!

    ReplyDelete