Sunday, July 7, 2013

red, white, & blue

Happy Chocolate Day!

I celebrated this exquisite holiday with a bag of M&Ms.

Aaaaannnndddd some choco chip cookies.

I like me some cookies.

For my avid(non-existent) readers out there, I realize that I have not been revealing all of my juicy secrets.

Super-duper-deep-secret #1:

I'm goin' gluten-free.

*GASP*

Oh the horror!

There is very little reason for me to do so, other than a few random physical ailments that I thought could be related to gluten, and an underlying desire for a lifestyle change. I want to fuel my body with the best, and I have realized that most of my favorite junk food is in the grain family.

It's actually uber ironic, because my favorite thing in the whole wide world is food. Especially bread. And milk. And fruit. And chocolate.

But I have been pretty faithful to this new adventure.

(I refuse to call it a diet, because diets are nasty and not good for you.)

- + --- - + - --- - + --- - + - --- - + --- - + - 

Here is a lil recap of our fourth of July:

We started off with a bang, spending some quality family-bonding time through a game of Life.
Mom got to the retirement square first, but then she ended up with the least amount of money.

This is a lesson kids. More work = more pay.

We then created an impromptu festive dinner, and it was as themed and delicious as every year. In our family, we are huge on having cute little meals for the holidays - and they always include jello, some fruity drink, and almost always we dye the vittles (ie green mashed potatoes, pink spaghetti, etc)

For fireworks, we went to some random city and were forced to walk through the creepy carnival to buy some beverages. Abby was basically hiding behind my back the entire time, and the situation was not helped by the presence of a clown. A clown. As if it wasn't freaky enough, they had to throw in the #1 child traumatizer. Despite this, the show was good, and I can call this year a success.



In case you are curious, as I was, here is the significance of each portion of our flag:

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."


"The star is a symbol of the heavens and the divine goal to which man has aspired from time immemorial; the stripe is symbolic of the rays of light emanating from the sun."

http://www.usflag.org/colors.html


Reasons I love my brother in law:


xoxo,
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment