Wednesday, May 22, 2013

packages

Happy International Day for Biological Diversity!

Look what I got today:



In my previous post, I mentioned my desire for some chocolate - and my dear, dear sister sent me this little package in the mail!

I have never felt so loved than in the moment when I devoured this candy bar.

Thanks Riss!

When I first moved from Wisconsin to Arizona, my friend Molly and I had a journal that we would send back and forth. I would write in it for a few months, she would write in it for a few months, and we continued to swap for a few years. Beautiful crayon drawings and movie stubs adorned the pages - one time, I even stapled in a baggie with five bucks. It was a really fun way to stay connected, even though it was not the most effective. Eventually, I think I lost the journal, and so the cycle ended. 

In the end, though, it was a fantastic experience. I would suggest it to anyone who is facing a difficult move, as it is a way to let your creative juices flow and to maintain your friendship. 

Besides, who doesn't love getting a package in the mail?

Any other fun ways to stay in touch?

xoxo,
McCall

2 comments: