Saturday, May 25, 2013

an unexpected journey

Happy International Tiara Day!

So, today, our family went on a little outing to Austin, MN to visit the SPAM Museum.

Woot WOOT. What a party.

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera.

(To be honest, I am so terrible at posting pics it wouldn't have mattered anyway.)

But it still woulda been nice to have some.

Eh. Whats a girl gonna do.

Anyway, on the way up/back Abby and I watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Or, to be more accurate, I watched and Abby used it as ambiance to help her sleep. Still, I enjoyed myself immensely and I have a craving to complete the entire Lord of the Ring series over this summer, starting with The Hobbit.





Sums up the little rascals perfectly:


So good.

I've always wanted to be an elf. Of course, all the other mystical races are wonderful in their own way, but nothing looks more appealing than pointy ears and a pompous attitude. 

While I was watching the movie today, it really struck me that there is NO group of people in Middle Earth who are "humble." Elves, goblins, dwarves, humans, and even the hobbits are all prideful. No civilization can live in an exclusive community with full awareness of their neighbors without having even a smidgen of pride. 

That in itself is humbling.

xoxo,
McCall

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to WATCH The Hobbit. I read it a long long time ago, but will probably want to re-read it once I watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And to think that there are still two more yet to come out! Maybe this three-installment series is a blessing, giving you and I time to finish reading before the final product ;)

    ReplyDelete