Tuesday, January 22, 2013

careers

Happy Answer Your Cat's Question Day!

Careers.

And all that ish.

What to do, what to do. All I know is that:
a) I love doing a ton of things
b) turning them into a career would kill 'em

Basically, I want to be able to be PERFECT at many trades, but never have to do them full time. I have been brewing a few ideas of jobs I would like, or even side projects that I would want to waste time in. I think it would be amazing to start an online store that sells modest clothing. Maybe I would start by specializing in workout wear or dresses, because the current modest websites are crap. I'm sorry if you think otherwise, but finding an outfit that anyone would want to wear, not just fashion-stuck Utah Mormons, is incredibly difficult.

I love designing, at least combining things together to make something magnificent. I like typography, blog design, interior design, fashion, graphic design, and more. I love the idea of being a part of a large business, and there are so many roles that I don't understand yet I feel would be enjoyable. I love health and fitness, but I dislike guiding other people through their ish. I'm not so good at handling sad personal situations. Hence why I am not planning on becoming a teacher or doctor. I love astronomy, but I can't imagine what I would do with that in a career.

Any advice?

JK, I know that the choice is mine, blah blah blah.

But this is a big decision. I like other people's input.

So, I have an AMAZING sister who has an AMAZING blog, and is an AMAZING mother. She also is an amazing role model - in more ways than one.

Reason #1:

She has a Disney movie collection.

The ultimate bucket list that everyone wants to accomplish but never really starts, Marissa has begun her very own movie medley.

Super jealous right now.

xoxo,
McCall

2 comments:

  1. The hard part about my own Disney Vault is that I will have to remind the wee ones "no touchie" as they get old enough to reach them! I'm kinda particular... As for advice, I think Genie said it best when he said, "Beeeeee yourself". The things you enjoy most will follow you in one way or another. Enjoy the now. The big things will make more sense as life goes on. I think you have plenty of great ideas & that you'll know what to do career-wise when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop being perfect.
    :) thanks Riss!

    ReplyDelete