Monday, April 16, 2012

Modge-Podge

Happy National Health Care Decisions Day!

Today has been a fairly enjoyable day. It has been one of those days where you have little hope for a good day but then your dreaded activity ain't so bad. I ate brunch for lunch, ran for 15 minutes, and perfected my jambo. I feel very accomplished.

As of today I am going to attempt a new routine: to read at least one Ensign article each morning and watch one MormonMessage before Seminary. Wish me luck? Also, one of my dear, perky, beautiful friends decided that we would have a texting triangle to remind each other of homework and scripture study. So I text Bev, Bev texts Gabs, and Gabs texts me. Get it? Easy and cheesy!

 I'm so grateful for the example that they set for me. Both of these girls are the most loving, warm daughters of God on this planet - they can make anyone feel comfortable and know how to show love. They are such huge role models, and I can only hope to be like them. It's okay though - I will learn.

Now for some important news:

1) The most angel-like person I know was just in a major car accident and fractured her neck. Luckily, she isn't paralyzed and will recover fully, but she also has a concussion and other issues so she is still in the hospital. For her privacy I will just leave it at that. Pray for her!

2) In only a few weeks I will be performing in our school's spring production! It is a modge-podge of pop, classic musicals, childhood favorites, and more! I'm super excited and this experience has really helped me to grow as a performer, and it is nice to do something after school again. I miss my costumers, but I am really grateful for this opportunity.
Now for my random thought of the day: Why is it so hard to do the things we know are right? Like, I know that I should read that chapter for science and it would literally take me only two minutes, but I never get around to reading that chapter. Or my personal weakness: goal setting. I can be so determined one minute, but then twenty seconds later and I give up. Reading that extra chapter or putting more meaning into our prayers does not require that much effort, so why do we treat it like we it is the most difficult task ever? I feel like the human mind is constantly adjusting our views of situations in order to keep us focused on the problems. For example, maybe we are in a relatively low-stress situation, but since there is no greater opposition, our minuscule problem suddenly transforms into a monstrous beast. Or if we have something big going on that demands our attention, those other issues fade into the background and our capacity for handling them increases, oddly enough.

What do you think?
xoxo,
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment