Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ABC's

Happy National Haiku Poetry Day!!!!

Blogging brings new sight
New friends and new addictions
Food, friends, quotes, and memes.

Te gusta? It took a lot of thought and energy, hopefully I will get an award or something.

Recently I have decided that I've got everything that I need right in front of me. Nothing's stopping me, there's nothing I can't be.



Attitude is everything. Really. I am a devout believer in the power of a positive outlook. So often we can't alter life, we can't turn the storm, but we can adjust our sails. We can be the bigger person in an argument and search for the solution that causes the least amount of harm to the other person. We can view our trials and limitations as fertilizer to help us grow.

For example, I have a social handicap. Nothing too serious and I don't want to complain, but I really feel limited and like I miss out on many opportunities because of it. However, I can also view this mind block as a tool to mold me into a more confident, capable person. Or, there is the chance that someone needs me and the only way I can touch their life is if I myself am in a lower position. I get to see both sides - I am the prince and the pauper.

Anyway, back to the attitude - I love President Monson's talk about living the abundant life - a life full of success, goodness, and blessings. He lists the ABC's to having an abundant life;

  • A - attitude
  • B - believe (in yourself)
  • C - courage

Often having a good outlook or being happy depends on you consciously deciding to have that mindset. You need to be open to ALL possibilities and believe that you can control yourself - act, don't be acted upon. It takes a lot of faith at times to be positive, for sometimes it can be difficult to recognize the good and you need to trust that it is there. My mom has this movie called The Secret, and it is all about the power that comes from positive thinking. Check it out sometime. Little things like having a picture to remind you of your goals or "expecting the best but preparing for the worst" can really turn around your whole disposition. Just remember that all things happen in God's time, not our own, and that what seems like the perfect plan to us may not fit into God's greater purpose for our lives.

xoxo
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment