Sunday, April 15, 2012

Quilted

I am a quilt maker. I patch together ideas and images, theories and my idle fantasies. So creating a blog based off of my own experiences, my own thoughts is probably more difficult than resisting that Cosmo brownie at lunch time. And that is near torture.

Welcome! My name is McCall and I am slightly unenthused to present this post to you today. However, one of my goals this year is to mold myself into the kind of woman I want to be, and I figure it will be easier to keep myself on track if it is in print.

I'm not entirely sure the direction this is headed, whether as a journal of sorts or a place for my loved ones to catch up on my shenanigans. I intend to grow during this experience though, so no matter what I will benefit.

To begin with, can I just say how much I love Bishop DuBois? (In case you don't know me I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.) We had a fireside today at his home, and I decided that Bishop DuBois is the sweetest, most loving person I have met. He has so much going on in his own life and yet he puts everything aside to serve. I can feel his love and I wish that he could know how much we all appreciate him. We as human beings are not the best at remembering to express ourselves at times. We can get so caught up in our own dramas or even mild thoughts that we don't realize to verbally acknowledge others and their contributions to our lives. We often assume that those around us know of our love or their talents, when in reality there is a chance that they don't know. And that is a very sad thought. Who knows the impact a simple "I love you" could have.

So how about this week we make a special effort to say what we know, kay?

xoxo,
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment