Monday, July 22, 2013

hogar, dulce hogar

Happy National Ratcatchers Day!

There's no place like home.

Because EVERYWHERE is home!

I find that I adapt to situations quickly - or, at least I think I do.

I haven't tested that out on a grand scale yet, as I have always had my family with me. Regardless, I believe that as long as you have an open mind, anywhere can be your hogar (hogar, dulce hogar.)

Last week I had a fabulous vacation in the tropical isles of Michigan, followed by an excursion to the deep, deep south.

AKA Indiana.

I am about to do something monumental here people.

I...

Am going to...

POST PICTURES AT A REASONABLE TIME AFTER A SIGNIFICANT EVENT!

Yawoo for me!

Me being artsy with my shoes ^

Me being artsy with some leaves ^

Me being ridiculously attractive ^

My sister and I being ridiculously attractive at the same time ^

 Our adorable condo had some little Christmas lights on the back porch ^

Our adorable condo looking very impressive ^


The beach we were going to play at, before we realized there were 5mil people ^


The beach we actually played at ^

Abby testing out the waters ^

The cute 'lil town & their flowers ^

Abby next to a Moose and a waterpark ^

The largest Culvers in the WORLD ^

Little Dudeman playing with Grandpa ^

Little Princess with her roll of paper towels ^

This trip was literally perf. We had the whole package: waterparks, ziplining, eating out, hotels, condo life, our own kitchen, little towns, beach time, family time, road trip, and we were able to surprise my sister and her family!

We popped up on her front doorstep, pretending to be new neighbors.

Surprise.

When her hubby got home, Marissa claimed there was a huge spider in the kitchen pantry.

Surprise.

When his mother arrived, we casually walked around the kitchen, made obvious conversation, and tried our hardest to appear like we were supposed to be there, hoping that she would catch on. It took a while for her to notice our presence.

Slowwwww surprise.

I really had a wonderful time, and thankfully this trip didn't pass in a blur. I was able to savor every little moment, including the 4+ times we ate a Culvers. All within EIGHT DAYS.

We might be a little bit obsessed.

xoxo,
McCall

P.S. I literally spent five hours this morning laughing and crying and having the time of my life on It Just Gets Stranger. Enter Eli McCann, a hilarious attorney in the mystical land of The Republic of Palau. He is an accomplished prankster, as well as a fabulous writer, and I find it physically impossible to read one of his posts without giggling.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Best. surprise. ever. (:

    Seriously though, you guys are the best!

    And thanks/no thanks for introducing me to 'It Just Gets Stranger'. Now I shall accomplish nothing today.

    I magma you!

    ReplyDelete