Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Whaaaaatcha Doooooin'?

It's a toss-up:

Either "Happy Hug a Plumber Day!" or "Happy World Penguin Day!"

Which will be the victor?!

   


So... whaaaaatcha doooooin'?

I was going to simply spew out a load of random junk, (I'm kinda in a spew-out-random-junk-mood) but instead I googled quotes. Nice, huh?

Albert Camus once said, "An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself." 

Now maybe I am not "intellectual" enough to understand this quote, but to me it represents the person I am trying to be - someone who watches what they say, molds what they think, disciplines themself, assesses their actions, and is observant of their mistakes, other's mistakes, their success, and other's success.

Robert Frost once said, "A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone."


Does this apply to you? I know that often enough I am in that same circumstance, wishing, wishing, and wishing some more. Daydreaming toes the line between being hopeful and being foolish. As the greatest man alive once said, "It does do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." In the movie, The Secret, they mention that one key to achieving your dreams is to visualize and have a physical reminder of your goal. For example, if you really want that new Ford Fusion, print off a picture and place it in a place that you will see often. Don't make it an item of worship, but keep your goal in sight. In my case, I lose motivation very quickly, either because my reminder wasn't noticeable enough, I got sidetracked, or I made compromises with myself. Give me an inch, and I'll circle the globe. I am hoping that this blog will act as a reminder to me of my other commitments, even if I do not specifically mention them here.

Now... for the princess of the day!



Meet Lindsey. This girl right here has been my inspiration ever since I first met her. She is a smart, funny, and very kind gal. She is very easy-going, very responsible, and a very good friend. She makes you feel wanted and sticks up for what she believes in. Lindsey is very mature and so, so beautiful. I want to thank her for always making me feel like I was someone interesting to be around, even though I know that I am not the most social butterfly. She just has this aura around her that makes you want to be better, and she will be someone that I will remember even after high school.

xoxo,
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment