Sunday, November 18, 2012

D to the I to the LEMA

Happy Mickey Mouse's Birthday!

So here is my dilema.

This upcoming spring break I have two options: to go on a VERY expensive choir trip for a few days in a chilled locale as shown below:

Or, to vacation in a toasty, more luxurious venue illustrated:

Quite the dilema. For there are pros and cons to both.

#1 
Pros
          - With friends from school (all of whom I would LOVE to be on a trip with)
          - Visit some interesting locations
          - Visit a Disney theme park
          - Strengthen bonds & make memories
     
Cons
          - $$$$$$$$$
          - Money that could be used for a more useful purpose wasted
          - Money for college gone
          - During spring break
          - Limits my number of family vacations
          - All items on itinerary I have either done before or could easily do myself
          - Most accommodations would not be preferable. One of the hotels mentioned is possibly one that I would desire, but I remain uncertain whether it is the hotel I think or not.

#2 
Pros
          - Little to no expense on my part
          - Spend time with family
          - WARM
          - Vacation I have never experienced before
          - Could be for a longer period than a week (a possibility)
          - WARM
          - Very nice. Nice accommodations, nice experience - the picture perfect vacation I wanted as a child.
          - With my college schedule, this is possibly the only year I could do a vacation like this. Next year it may be too late.
          - Be able to save my money the way I want to
          - Strengthen bonds & make memories

Cons
          - Miss out on only opportunity for a school trip
          - Miss out on adventures my friends would be having
          - Miss out on the chance to strengthen bonds

I am going to lose something no matter which vacation I choose. There is no way to remain unscathed.

Anywho.
Let's get back to business.
Isn't this the perfect description of my personality? Notice the 40 posts in July, and the measly 2 in all of October. I am crazy about something one moment, then I could care less the next. I am super diligent for a while, but then I lapse into a bout of determined unproductivity. 

Cool stuff.

Musical is over! It was so fun, and I am so grateful that I was able to make it into the cast this year. It was the experience of a lifetime, and I am going to cherish those memories forever. I got to know some amazing people, and I am very proud to say that I gained 52 friends, friends who I am lucky to have.

On a side note, I have been thinking about how much I hate publicity. I really am dreading the idea of putting my url out there, to ask people to read. Obviously I need to work on posting regularly  but regardless, I am not a huge fan of when other bloggers focus on promos and buttons. I'm okay with friends and family, but I feel that once you make pleas for the world to see, you lose some of your freedom.

Silly ramblings of McCall done.
For now.

xoxo,
McCall

P.S. Sorry if my writing is a bit difficult to decipher - I haven't had much practice in a while!

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever come up with a solution to your dilemma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. Kinda. Eh.

    I'm following option 1 until I feel I should stop. Not sure though.

    ReplyDelete