Saturday, October 5, 2013

crazy good

Happy Do Something Nice Day!

I'm just uber happy right now.


This status is from a while back, but every time I look at it I feel a tug on the ole' heartstrings.

The story behind all of this revolves around my birthday (see previous post). After the celebrations, Marissa, Justin, and the two little kiddos had to leave, which was not cool. However, not even a week after their departure, I get a text from Marissa with some exciting news - my dearest brother-in-law had expressed interest in watching the remainder of the Harry Potter series! Several nights and one complete Blu-ray set later, they have completed the adventure and a new love for JK Rowling's magical world was born.

Is that crazy cool or what?

I feel so proud.



And now for other exciting ish in my life:

Today is General Conference!

For all of those who are unaware, General Conference is the best thing since sliced bread, more wonderful than Michelangelo, more fun than a day at ValleyFair. I absolutely LOVE it, and I don't know if I can pinpoint a single reason why.

So here is a list:

  • I get two days of uninterrupted family time
  • I don't need to change out of my pajamas
  • My mom provides DELICIOUS breakfasts 
  • I can listen to the Prophet and what is important for me to learn
  • I get a warm fuzzy feeling the minute the first song starts
  • I get answers to personal questions that I might be struggling with, and answers to questions that I didn't even realize I had
  • I get a TON of motivation that makes feel like I can take on the world, do anything, and be anyone
  • I feel loved
This is basically a condensed record of the many highlights of General Conference, although I promise there are more.

I also promise that if you watch General Conference, Mormon or not, you will feel uplifted afterwards.

Why not give it a shot?

xoxo,
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment