Monday, May 28, 2012

Quotes From Cool People

Happy Whit Monday, or Memorial  Day!

From Tumblr:
I wish we said “fancy” in America. As in, “I fancy you.” It’s such a more agreeable term than “I have a crush on you.”  What’s a crush? Like, I AM A BOA CONSTRICTOR AND I AM GOING TO IMMOBILIZE YOU WITH MY MISPLACED AND OBSESSIVE AFFECTION.  “I fancy you” is like, you’re so shiny and glittery and I just want to put you on a shelf and look at you for a while ‘cause you’re fancy.

From my cousin's Facebook statuses:

"The understanding of who we really are, what that really means, and what that means we can become can absolutely change our bearings in life. It can effect every choice we make, the way we treat others, and how we see ourselves. 
It is pivotal." ~The Redheaded Hostess



"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." ~President Hinckley


"Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one would believe it. ~Unknown


"Stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more of the SUNLIGHT." 
- President Hinckley



"If you want to be interesting, be INTERESTED."
- Unknown



"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."
- Mahatma Gandhi



"Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical." ~Sophia Loren


"You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub. Respect yourself. Do not feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you. Polish and refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart. Love life and look for its opportunities." ~ President Gordon B. Hinckley


"You were not put on this earth to fail, but to succeed gloriously."
-Elder Richard G. Scott, LDS General Conference 2012 :)



"Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love." - Emma Watson


“The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.” President Gordon B. Hinckley


From Ryan Christensen:

"To all the students who drop out and fail high school: Remember two things, 1. You tried your best. 2. I don't like pickles on my BigMac."

"I think all vests save you from stuff, lifevests save you from drowning, bullet proof vests save you from being shot, sweater vests save you from hot women."

"What doesn’t kill you makes you smaller." - Mario

"Dinosaurs are lies fed to us to cover up the existence of Pokemon."

"I wonder if the clothes in China say 'made around the corner '"

"We Pronounce 22 as TwentyTwo, 33 as Thirty Three, 44 as FortyFour, 55 as FiftyFive, Why not 11 as OnetyOne?"

"I don't know what's more awkward, answering Dora or sitting in silence whilst she stares at you."

"I've always wanted to walk up to a stranger and hand him a briefcase and whisper 'you know what to do' and walk away."

"I love using big words to sound smart. I mean utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence."

"I watched Transformers today, and I've spent the past 2 hours in my garage telling my car I know his secret... He's shy."

"Voldemort's face is flat because he ran into the wrong wall at the train station."




No comments:

Post a Comment