Sunday, April 22, 2012

MeMeMeMeMe

Happy National Jelly Bean Day!

Recently I have been concerned with goals and ish, so how incredibly amazing is it that in YW we had a lesson on prioritizing and the value of time? So, inspired by my recent resolutions and Morgan's fabulous teachings, I am going to add on to my growing list of goals.

-Eat healthier
-Eat less (I can be a bit of a pig sometimes)
-Read scriptures daily
-Make a list of priorities
-Write down my goals (check!)
-Dress better/put more effort
-Write down what kind of person I want my future hubby to be - and then try to meet all of my requirements. I can only expect of him what I can expect of myself.
-Get things done now. I am a pro at putting things off until later.
-Stop judging/comparing myself/being prideful.
-Decide what to do with my hair - cut it, perm it, or all of the above?

"Time is all the capital stock of the earth;... if properly used, it brings that which will add to your comfort, convenience, and satisfaction." - Brigham Young


As for the list of priorities, one formula is:


must do:
-
-
-
should do:
-
-
-
would like to do:
-
-
-


Te gusta?


We all brainstormed to find out why we waste time. As a group, we came up with: think it will bring comfort, not planning, procratination, lazy, not prioritizing --> no vision, getting distracted, etc. We get 86,400 seconds in a day - if each second spent wasted was a dollar not earned, wouldn't you want to live every second to it's fullest? I am trying to really enjoy my "younger years" because for the longest time all I wanted to do was grow up. With two older siblings who seemed to have it all, I desperately wanted to be where they were, away from my "kiddie" problems. Now, however, I am starting to develop a fear of getting older, which is both a blessing and a curse. I appreciate things much more now, but for obvious reasons being afraid of being independent and having saggy skin is not a good mindset.



Do you remember what it was like to be a kid? I can remember to my pre-education years, and if I do say so myself, I was a very intelligent, very knowledgeable child. I am such a hypocrite at times, for I remember getting upset when I was little because the adults talked down to me, and yet I find myself forgetting that little eight year olds are as competent as I am now, at 16. Of course there are differences, but the eight year old doesn't know that, so why do I belittle them in that way?


Little kids are sneaky, they act all ignorant and crazy, while they really have many more emotions riding beneath the surface.


I was a very manipulative little girl. I would always get the blonde barbies, always get the hot water, always get to be the main character or the princess. Oh, the joys of being an older sister. Poor Abby, I would spew out the craziest garbage to make her believe that she was getting the better end of the deal.


Another of my favorite tricks was to "fall asleep" once we entered my neighborhood. It was just enough time to convince my parents that the slumber was authentic and guarantee me a ride to my room, free of charge.

Well, have a superb Sunday!

xoxo
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment