Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hand Me Them Potatoes

Hullo, my dear little seedlings!

Nice way to jazz it up a bit, huh?

Oh, who am I kidding?!

Happy Earth Overshoot Day!

Life is pretty dang awesome. For those of us in a shlump right now, it may be difficult to process this thought. Yet, it all depends on your perspective. Basically you have two options: to appreciate the awesome or to miss out. To be, or not to be, that is the question. It is as if you are putting on a lens, either you can see the super snazzy surprises, or you can't. The image you are viewing won't change - but your perception of that image will.

Like them glasses on National Treasure.



A wonderful example of seeing the light in life is my family - earlier this summer we were able to visit BOTH sides of meh fam, and I found out just how special they are.

 





Aren't they just adorable?

I lovelovelove em!

So... I was able to check out a few of the books I wrote about ages ago - the A.P. ish? Super fun. Well, as fun as non-required required reading can be. 

Here is some advice: being nerdy makes school much more enjoyable. You find yourself searching for material to get your grubby little hands on.

Anyway, let's get back to the lovin'.

I love summer. And despite the fact that it is slipping through my fingers this very instant, I am determined to make the most of what I get. 

I won't lie, I do enjoy fall. But there is just something oh-so-special about not having cold toes and being able to take late night strolls in the moonlight. Simple magical.

I am the type of gal that always longs for things of the past and doesn't appreciate what is in front of me. Exhibit A, summer. I probably could fill a bathtub with my wishes upon stars, 11:11, eyelashes, 12:34, and necklace clasps that summer would come quickly. Yet, now that I have been granted my wish, I squander it.

Oh, the woes of being a spoiled American.

!!!!***!!!!

Hold the phone!

I just realized something.

Some of you out there in the wild wild west may think, "Dang. This girl has crappy grammar."

THIS IS INTENTIONAL.

lemme repeat-

INTENTIONAL.

Often I just feel that phrasing certain sentences in a casual way adds more flavor- for example, "Louisa, hand me them potatoes!" is much more satisfying than, "Louisa, could you hand me the potatoes?"

Phew.

Glad that is over.

So basically, the summary of this post is that life is good.

And McCall is permitted to make grammatical errors without being judged.

xoxo,
McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment